Before you hire someone for anything, whether it be a handyman, or who is going to represent you in your Family Law matter, here are some things to consider.
- How much of their practice is Family Law? A jack of all trades is a master of none. Ask the attorney what areas they practice and how much of their practice is dedicated to that area. Most likely, if they practice only one area, they know that area very well and will be better equipped to handle all facets of your case.
- Are they involved in the community? This is one of the most important aspects to look for when searching for a Family Law Attorney. A lawyer who shuts themselves off from the community is not only losing out on valuable connections, but without engaging in the community he or she is in the dark with new and emerging issues in the legal field.
- Seek a second, or third opinion: Don’t be afraid to interview different attorneys. You want to make sure you are comfortable and confident with your attorney. Is this an attorney that is telling you what you want to hear, or telling you what you need to hear? You should be given your best and worst-case scenario. Make sure you’re getting the full picture upfront, so you aren’t surprised after you pay the retainer.
- How available are they? Ask what their case load is like and how available they are to talk to you about your case. This will speak volumes. The largest complaint about attorneys from clients is lack of communication. Be sure to ask your attorney how quickly they get back to phone calls and emails. Are they truly available to work your case?
- Do you like them?This is a no brainer. If you don’t like your attorney, get a different attorney! You’re going to have to talk to your attorney, mostly about things that are private. If you don’t like them, you’re not going to want to be open and honest about what’s going on. It’s important that you like your attorney as you will be working with them often throughout the process.
Here at the Kendrick Law Group we will not take any case that walks through our door. We limit ourselves intentionally. We pride ourselves in providing legal representation our clients can trust. When you hire an attorney from the Kendrick Law Group, you are hiring someone who has handled countless cases, just like yours.
Samantha Sauer is here at The Kendrick Law Groupto help you with your Family Law matter. Call today, (407) 641-5847 to schedule your free consultation and ask her the importatnt questions.