Happy New Year! The Kendrick Law Group has some tips and suggestions to promote your individual success and the success of your business in 2018!
- Don’t try to do it all. It’s okay to say no and to delegate tasks or refer clients out as needed. You don’t have to accept every client or potential opportunity that approaches you. Be reasonable and plan ahead. Seek legal advice where needed to ensure you are making the best choices for your business.
- Ensure your business practices are up to standard. It is very important that documents such as your office policies, employee contracts, etc. are as current as possible. Reflect on the last year and update everything as needed. Also determine whether your business is compliant. Ensure all paperwork is filed and submitted. Reevaluate your business plan and marketing plan with your attorney. It’s best to be as thorough as possible.
- Volunteer and give back. Find an organization, school, or other community group that’s doing meaningful work and find out how you can be a part of it. Volunteering is good for yourself individually and potentially for your business.
- Review legal documents with your attorney. Are you prepared for end-of-year, tax season, and other related legal processes coming your way this new year? Have you prepared/updated your will? Sit down with an attorney to get on top of this ASAP.
- Address all pending legal issues with your attorney. Whether you are getting married and wondering about a prenuptial agreement, are considering divorce and concerned about possible outcomes, are concerned with situations dealing with the custody of your children, are disputing with a neighbor or homeowner’s association, have a possible idea that is deemed intellectual property and you want to protect it, were injured at work and want to understand your rights, etc., contacting an attorney will help you understand your legal rights and get answers to those pressing legal questions.
- Learn something new. Expanding your knowledge of your business and best practices is a great way to keep your business competitive and profitable. Check back with Kendrick Law Group weekly for blog posts including important tips and info. Also, every month we will post video blogs regarding current topics.
- Create a budget and stick to it. Creating a budget can help you organize your finances to ensure you are not potentially creating more financial and legal troubles in the future. It’s also a great way to stay out of or eliminate debt.
- Be honest with yourself. Acknowledge your limitations and create obtainable, realistic goals. Commit only to things you know you and your business can fulfill.
Kendrick Law Group is here to get and keep you and your business on the right track. Please give our office a call today. 407-641-5847.
Co-written by: Kirsten Williams, Law Clerk